100 Thank Yous

I made it! This is my 100th blog! I want more than anything to thank you, my readers, for coming back and reading my blogs each week and for sharing them with others.

I also want to remember some of my first and favorite blogs today, along with remembering that this is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Saturday is Make a Difference Day. I’ll be volunteering at the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk on Saturday along with my husband. I hope you have plans to make a difference somehow, too!
Now for a walk down memory lane. Here’s a quote from my very first blog which was entitled Me, Myself, and Why:

“When you see or hear about someone in need, it should pull on your heart. That’s the way God wants us to feel.  When we get too hard to feel for others, we’ve lost something very dear.”

The blog of mine that has gotten the most reads was just before Memorial Day and is called Remember. After I go on about my plans for Memorial Day weekend and the cookout I’m having, I explain that my son wants to give a speech.

“My son says he wants to say a few words at the cookout and asked me to find a verse that he can use in his “speech.”  We were at his grandmother’s house when he asked me and she mentioned John 15:13 ‘Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.’

That’s what it’s all about, isn’t it?  Having the courage to put your life on the line for others.  We honor those that have done that for us this Monday.  We must never forget them.”

Another popular blog of mine is an interview with mental health advocate Jennifer Moyer. In it, we found out that “Postpartum depression occurs in approximately 1 out of 8 women.  Symptoms can occur anytime during pregnancy up until 12 months postpartum.” We also found out that a lot can be done to help someone with depression.   

Another of my favorite interviews was with Nancy Reynolds, a retired teacher who has learned the secret to happiness. “I have something every day to do for someone else. I just think if we just had more people volunteering, we would have less depression.”

Boy, she nailed it! Another popular blog was my 13 ways to help others in 2013. I have another list on my website of 12 completely free ways to help others and a couple ways to save money while you help!

So, back to my first blog:  “We are hearts that help other hearts when we reach out to others through volunteer or charity work.”

Let’s continue to share our hearts with others and guard our hearts because as it says in Proverbs 4:23, everything we do flows from it. Let it be filled with love. God bless!

Comments

  1. Thanks for all you do, and I read your blog and appreciated it very much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Post comments here. Thank you for joining in the discussion!

Popular posts from this blog

2013 Holiday Gifts That Give List

Remember

Volunteer Vacations: Where There's a Will, There's a Way